Believe me, its not what you think!! As I start my third week in this journey, I am now down 16 pounds and feeling better than I have in years. My husband said it’s like he has a new wife! 😉 That will put a spark in your marriage! The energy I have is amazing compared to what I had in the past. Matter of fact, I think it’s made my family a little nervous. I love to party plan and we happened to have a great place to have parties. This past weekend we hosted a party for my mom’s 70th birthday. As we prepared for the party that evening, we had a lot to do, decorations, food prep, even plant a few flowers. I was going non-stop, something that would not have happened just a month ago. I think the best compliment I got was from my brother-in-law who said I was like the Energizer Bunny now! 🙂 See, that’s how I use to be, a long time ago and that’s what I am striving to be again.
So what am I doing? I already talked about the Keto Diet, but here’s an example of just one day of what I eat.
Breakfast – Water, Adkins Protein Shake and my blessed coffee!
Snack – 2 Mini Babybel Originals
Lunch – White Tuna with 1/4 cup of cheddar shredded cheese, mustard, mayo with olive oil, pickle on a bed of lettuce
Snack – 2 Slim Jims and a Mini Babybel
Dinner – Chic-Fil-A Grilled Market Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing
I also drink lots of water now….something I haven’t done. Water and Iced Tea are always with me!
As you can see from that one day, I like fast and easy. (See I toId you it wasn’t what you thought it was!) I don’t like lots of food prep, I need to be able to just grab and go. My daughter on the other hand likes to experiment with recipes. She came over last week and showed me this one that was absolutely delicious!!
Perfect as a kid-friendly low carb side dish, or eat an entire bowl for a complete meal!
IngredientsFor the Puree
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to tasteFor the Casserole
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
InstructionsFor the Puree
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces. Place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbl of cream and 1 Tbl of butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes. Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture. Microwave for another six minutes on high (or until tender.) Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor along with the 8 slices of pepperoni and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can adjust the cream and butter to your preference for consistency.For the Casserole
- Spread the cauliflower puree into an 8 x 8 oven proof casserole dish. Cover with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and layer with pepperoni. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes. Alternatively you could microwave this for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Approximate nutrition info per serving: 207 calories, 15g fat, 4.75g net carbs, 10g protein
Credit: I breath, Im hungry
Whether you like it fast and easy like me or like to experiment and cook, this program is not a diet, its a way of life!
Till next time,
Live, Laugh, & Eat Healthy!
Categories: My Weight Journey